A split-level riverside stone chapel, with river views, created by the conversion of a large Methodist Chapel and Schoolroom, built in 1846 in the conservation area of the historic mill village of Milford, in the wooded valley of the River Derwent. The local area is of great interest to enthusiasts of our industrial heritage is lots of walking close at hand.
This fine stone building has been skilfully converted into a large and most characterful holiday home, offering good quality accommodation, yet retaining much of the Chapel’s original character and charm, with exposed beams, some original pews, marble plaques, chapel doors, and with the old pulpit featured in the balconied lower lounge! The Chapel has its own large raised patio garden with ramp access, picnic tables and barbecue. (Please bring your own charcoal) .
The Ebenezer Chapel is one of those rare character properties that can accommodate the really large family party (up to 22 guests!) with ease: there’s an 38 ft beamed & galleried lounge, a Finnish sauna-suite, fully-equipped kitchen, a wealth of bathrooms and some en-suite facilities, and an upper extra lounge, overlooking the River Derwent.
Sports available in the area include tennis, fishing and bowls, three good riding and trekking stables within a mile or so, several local golf courses, fishing and canoeing in the Derwent, and Belper’s fully equipped family Sports Centre just two miles away. The area is noted for its Real Ale and there are four great pubs within half a mile, including The King William Pub, just next door. There are shops and restaurants close by, baby-sitting service by arrangement, and easy street parking at the Chapel gate and just down the lane. There are two seven-day supermarkets in Belper 1 1/2 miles up the A6.
It’s in an area rich in heritage, with mills, canals, museums and the Derwent Valley Visitor Centre all nearby, and attractions such as the Crich Tramway Village Museum, Matlock Bath’s Cable Cars & Gulliver’s Kingdom, Alton Towers and the scenic limestone dales of the Peak Park & Carsington Water all an easy drive. Fine views from The Chapel over the Derwent to the hills beyond with canoeing, fishing, tennis & bowls, and four real-ale pubs all in the village, 2 sports centres within 4 miles, and climbing, caving, gliding & water sports all under 20 miles
- Large galleried lower-level lounge with original pulpit, second vaulted and beamed lounge on 2nd floor, balustraded dining area overlooking the main lounge, quality fully fitted kitchen with large range cooker.
- 5 bath / shower rooms. Ground floor bathroom, plus shower en suite. First floor bathroom with extra shower cubicle, plus shower en suite. Second floor - three ensuite shower rooms. Seven showers in total. All bedrooms have a vanity basin except the upstairs twin bedroom.
- The property offers full access to three ground floor bedrooms and bathroom for less mobile guests.
- Gas central heating, cast-iron wood stove in main lounge, all gas heating included in rent, initial basket of logs included 1st November to Easter.
- Electricity by £1 meters. Finnish Sauna suite (by £1 meter).
- Wi Fi Internet connection.
- Pets by arrangement. One pet free all additional pets charged at £25 per pet.
A Good House Keeping Deposit of £150 is payable and this is returned 1 week after departure if all booking conditions are met.