A split-level riverside stone chapel, with river views, created by the conversion of a large Methodist Chapel and Schoolroom, built in 1846 in the conservation area of the historic mill village of Milford, in the wooded valley of the River Derwent. The local area is of great interest to enthusiasts of our industrial heritage is lots of walking close at hand.
This fine stone building has been skilfully converted into a large and most characterful holiday home, offering good quality accommodation, yet retaining much of the Chapel’s original character and charm, with exposed beams, some original pews, marble plaques, chapel doors, and with the old pulpit featured in the balconied lower lounge! The Chapel has its own large raised patio garden with ramp access, picnic tables and barbecue. (Please bring your own charcoal) .
The Ebenezer Chapel can be divided to accommodate 10 guests: there’s an 38 ft beamed & galleried lounge, a Finnish sauna-suite, fully-equipped kitchen, two bathrooms, two extra en-suite showers facilities, and all bedrooms have a vanity basin, and the property overs the River Derwent.
Sports available in the area include tennis, fishing and bowls, (just across the river via Milford’s Riverside Craft and Garden Centre), three good riding and trekking stables within a mile or so, several local golf courses, fishing and canoeing in the Derwent, and Belper’s fully equipped family Sports Centre just two miles away. The area is noted for its Real Ale and there are four great pubs within half a mile, including The King William Pub, just next door. There are shops and restaurants close by, baby-sitting service by arrangement, and easy street parking at the Chapel gate and just down the lane. There are two seven-day supermarkets in Belper 1 1/2 miles up the A6.
It’s in an area rich in heritage, with mills, canals, museums and the Derwent Valley Visitor Centre all nearby, and attractions such as the Crich Tramway Village Museum, Matlock Bath’s Cable Cars & Gulliver’s Kingdom, Alton Towers and the scenic limestone dales of the Peak Park & Carsington Water all an easy drive. Fine views from The Chapel over the Derwent to the hills beyond with canoeing, fishing, tennis & bowls, and four real-ale pubs all in the village, 2 sports centres within 4 miles, and climbing, caving, gliding & water sports all under 20 miles
- Large galleried lounge with original pulpit, balustraded dining area overlooking the main lounge, quality fully fitted kitchen with large range cooker.
- Ground floor bathroom, plus shower en suite. First floor bathroom with extra shower cubicle, plus shower en suite. shower rooms. Four showers in total. All bedrooms have a vanity basin
- The property offers full access to three ground floor bedrooms and bathroom for less mobile guests.
- Gas central heating, cast-iron wood stove in main lounge, all gas heating included in rent, initial basket of logs included 1st November to Easter.
- Electricity by £1 meters. Finnish Sauna suite (by £1 meter).
- Wi Fi Internet connection.
- Pets by arrangement. One pet free all additional pets charged at £25 per pet.
A Good House Keeping Deposit of £150 is payable and this is returned 1 week after departure if all booking conditions are met.